I've never been much of a writer, but now that I have an extended family, I guess the need to blog has grown.
Where do I begin…Emma has started Pre-K 4 and is fairly thrilled. She has new teacher and new classmates. It has been rough for her because her best friend McKenna is no longer in her class and the change has taken some time. She is coming around; her new teacher, Mrs. Karen, is amazing. Emma has been line leader for a week now, due to her behavior in class and that has made school worthwhile, for now.
Then there is Jake. The love of my life, Jake is a very busy man and hard to keep up with. His schedule is constantly changing, which keeps things hectic. Right now he is doing outpatient Pediatric. He cracks me up…. the other day he was in clinic seeing children and called me to tell me if he had to hear another child say that they didn’t want a shot before he even entered the room, he was going to scream. Just to hear his tone, “I don’t want to get a shot, I don’t want to get a shot.” He’s got about a year left and I can’t wait. The uncertainty of not knowing the future is somewhat intimidating, but more than anything I look forward to spending that time with him. He is always either on call or worn out from work that by the time he gets home he is so exhausted that he usually falls asleep with in a couple of hours. Then there is the weekend to spend time together, but then that usually goes to Emma, the house or THE DOG. Which leads me to the next chapter in our life… THE DOG.
Oh, Jasmine. Don’t let her beauty full you. She is evil…. She tears up everything. Let’s see there was the shoes, 3 remotes, Jake’s Bose remote, 2 wicker chairs, the wicker table, the garden hose, molding, Emma’s birdhouse she made me for mother’s day, and the latest debacle the French door.
When we bought our house, almost a year ago. We had a home inspection and found out that the center hinge of the French door had rotted and needed to be replaced. So we had it fixed or so we thought. During the day, we keep Jasmine outside while we are at work and a couple of weeks we came home to the center hinge of the French door torn to shreds. Apparently they did not replace the wood, the decided to putty the wood and paint it. Who knew?? So, $800 dollars later we have a new door.
Then there is me. I have two great loves, Jake and Emma. Without them, I wouldn’t be me. They make me who I am. I never knew life could be so magnificent. Right now I am working as a Doctors assistant. It is very time consuming and doesn’t leave much time for anything else. As for now, I work about 50 hours a week with a half a day off. It pays the bills, I guess. Once Jake starts moonlighting, I hope to cut back on my hours or even quit so I can go back to school. Most of my spare time right now goes to The Wedding, but that is a whole other blog in itself. For now that is the Family Post.
Where do I begin…Emma has started Pre-K 4 and is fairly thrilled. She has new teacher and new classmates. It has been rough for her because her best friend McKenna is no longer in her class and the change has taken some time. She is coming around; her new teacher, Mrs. Karen, is amazing. Emma has been line leader for a week now, due to her behavior in class and that has made school worthwhile, for now.
7 comments:
I am so excited! Yea! Now we can hopefully keep up with what is going on in your lives too. I am going to get better at blogging. I don't blog often enough, but for now "Welcome aboard!" Who is Rachel?
Welcome to the blog world. Have fun trying to keep up with everything. Look forward to seeing you all soon. Oh and please tell Jake thank you so much for the CD of Deep Creek. It is GREAT and I have enjoyed it so much. Tell Emma hello. Love DohDoh
I love this! Miss ya'll!
Glad you started a blog! It will be a great way to keep up with all yalls going ons.
Almost everyone is into this blogging. I'm so glad. We need Chara, Jonathan & Ashley, Samuel and Luke and Joshua & Karin to join us and I think that would cover everyone. Oh no I left out Tony, Christopher and Norman. It will be wonderful keeping up with you, Jacob and Emma. Thanks so much. We LOVEYOUALL ma
Welcome welcome welcome!
Post a Comment